Mandatory Reads are a function that can be sent to specific Teams. They can be used for the content you want to ensure has been read by who it is sent to as every user must 'Acknowledge' that they have read the Mandatory Read. Mandatory reads can be created from scratch or by making any page a Mandatory Read.
Mandatory Reads can only be created by Organization Admins and Content Moderators.
This article will cover:
- Creating a Mandatory Read from scratch
- Marking a Page as a Mandatory Read
- Go to the Admin portal. Under the Content Studio tab, there is a section called Mandatory Reads and click on that
- Click on Add Mandatory Read
- Choose where you would like your Mandatory Read to be selected
- Add in your content. Once you are happy with the content you can then start to:
- Edit the Mandatory Read statement. This can be done within the Page's Properties.
- Protect the Page. This can be done within the Page's Properties.
- Allowing Translation. This can be done within the Page's Properties.
This is an Enterprise only feature. You must be on the Enterprise plan to be able to access this.
- Post to Feed. Once published, this allows you to post your Mandatory Read after you have created it. This will go by default to the Team(s) assigned to the Mandatory Read.
- Click Publish. If you have the 'Share to Feed' property toggled on you will then be met with a post box. The audience of the post will be defined by the Mandatory Read audience. Once you are ready to send the Feed Post, containing the link to the Mandatory Read, click 'Share'.
Organization Admins and Content Moderators can mark any existing Page as a Mandatory Read.
- Go to the Admin portal. Under the Content Studio tab, there is a section called Hub and click on that
- Find the Page that you would like to make a Mandatory Read and click on it to open the Page editor
- Under the Page Properties, there is a Mandatory Read property
- Click the Toggle to turn it on
- This will turn the Page into a Mandatory Read providing all of the properties of a Mandatory Read
- Click Update to update the Page as a Mandatory Read
A Notification Banner will appear on their device screen until they Acknowledge the Mandatory Read. A Push Notification will also be sent to a user's mobile device and desktop.
When a new user joins Blink they will find their Mandatory Reads appearing once they open Blink for the first time.