For more information on how to share videos to the Feed using Blink on your desktop, click here.
Share a video in a Feed post
1. Start creating a new Feed post!
- Choose who the post is From: - i.e. you or an alias (if you have one set up)
- Choose who the audience it's going To: - which Team/s or individuals
- Choose the Post type
- Make sure your Post Settings are set to what you need them to be (cog wheel in the bottom left-hand corner)
For more information on how to create a post, click here.
Here we are using an iPhone that has dark mode enabled!
2. To add a video to your Feed post, just click on the attachment icon
3. Select Image & Video Library
4. Then select which video you'd like to upload
In this example we're uploading a .mov, but you can upload ANY commonly used video format!
5. You can now play the video to make sure it's the one you want to send BEFORE posting
6. Once you're happy and your video post is ready, click Post!
7. Your video now needs to upload to the Feed
- If you're uploading a large video to the Feed, it will take a little bit of time for it to load
- You can use Blink as normal whilst the video is loading!
8. When your video has been successfully uploaded and processed, you will receive a notification saying 'Your feed post is ready'
You and the audience you posted this to can now preview and watch the video from within Blink!
Record a video
1. Start creating a new Feed post just like in the example above!
2. There are two ways you can start recording a video
- By selecting the video icon - this opens your camera straight away!
- Or, by selecting the attachment icon
If you select the attachment icon, you then need to select Record a video and your camera will open!
If you haven't given Blink access to your camera or microphone yet, you will be prompted to do so with a pop-up message - if you want to record a video, you need to allow Blink access to your camera and microphone.
3. Once your camera is open, press the record button and film your video
4. If you want to record your video again, just press Retake - when you're happy with your video, press Use Video
5. Double check your post, and when you're ready, click Share
6. Once your video has successfully uploaded and been processed, you will receive a notification saying 'Your feed post is ready'
7. You and your audience can now preview and watch the video from within Blink!
Share multiple videos in one Post
You can share multiple attachments in a Feed post, including videos - you can attach unlimited images and up to 3 files!
1. Click on the attachment icon and select the videos you'd like to share
Remember, by clicking the three vertical dots (burger menu) in the top right-hand corner of each attachment, you can Make cover (first video) or Remove - you can also Add more attachments if you scroll to the bottom!
2. When you've added all the necessary info, and you're happy with your post, click Share
3. When the upload has been successful and it's been processed, you will receive a notification saying 'Your post is ready' and it will be shared to the Feed
4. You and your audience can now preview and watch the videos from within Blink!
You can swipe right and left between the video attachments to view them all!