Within this article you will learn how to configure SAML 2.0 for Blink with Okta. With this integration SP-initiated SSO will be enabled.
Enable SAML in the Blink Admin panel
- The first step in configuring SAML with Blink is to open the admin panel. This can be accessed via the in-app menu.
- Once in the admin panel find the Authentication menu item. Only Organisation Admins can manage these settings.
- Once on the Authentication page select the SAML option.
- You will now be presented with a series of URLs which you will require when configuring your identity provider. If your IDP supports importing a metadata xml file for configuration (e.g. Azure AD) then download this now.
Configure Okta as the Identity Provider
You should know that...
Blink supports any SAML IDP, however this guide is specifically for Okta.
You will need to use the Okta Classic UI.
- Add the Blink application to your Okta account.
From the Dashboard Click the shortcut link to "Add Applications" and search for Blink. Click the "Add" button.
- Complete the General Settings. It is recommended at this time to disable the application visibility to users.
- Download the certificate from Blink and Upload to Okta
Add IDP Metadata to Blink
The final step in the process is to add the IDP metadata into Blink. The simplest method for setting these details is to read the metadata provided by the IDP. If you have this simply click "Read metadata file" and select the file - this is the metadata file you downloaded earlier.
If you do not have a metadata file from the IDP click "Or enter details manually" and you will be presented with 4 fields. You will need to complete these fields with details provided by your IDP.
Your SAML SSO is now configured with Blink and Okta. The last step is to assign the Blink app to users in Okta.
Configure the Blink app in Okta for Users