Categories are listed out within the Feed's post box. They help set the tone of your post by a glance and also grab the attention of a user when there is a high priority situation when a Priority post is used.
How to use Categories
This article will not cover how to use Categories. For information on that click here
Who can use this feature?
- Categories are unique to each company and can be changed. There are a few main types of categories - post, poll, and priority and each come with their own attributes. Both the post and poll category types are accessible and open to all users.
- The priority category type is locked to only Team Admins of the Team they admin over, Content Moderators to all Teams, and Organisation Admins of all Teams.
What do the different types of Categories do?
- This is the standard Category type. It provides a free text box and allows for attachments, videos, and images to be uploaded alongside your text.
- This allows you to enter a question and selectable multiple choice answers.
- You can have up to 4 options to choose from and the results are anonymous.
- This post type is reserved to those with Admin rights only.
- When a priority post is sent a notification goes along with it. This push notification will alert every user within the Team. Everyone who receives this post must acknowledge that they have seen the post by clicking "Acknowledge".
- You can then view who has acknowledged a post and who hasn't.
How do I change my Categories?
To change your categories you will need to contact either your Customer Success Manager or you can contact email@example.com. However, you must be an Organisation Admin to make these changes
If you are requesting these changes you would also need to know:
What Type of Category is needed?
What can I title my Categories?
Anything! (emojis are not supported)
What Icon shall I use?
There is only a certain list of icons that we support, but it is long: (let us know the icon title!)
The colour, like the text, can be anything, but here are some good recommendations: