A Chat is a conversation between one or more Blink users. They can be 1-on-1 or Group Chats
1-on-1 chats are just that, one person to one person, whereas a Groupchat is multiple people! Chats are completely private between the members of each specific Chat
You may have some experience of how to use Chats on other tools or apps but ours is contained all into one place ensuring the work environment doesn't leak into your other day to day apps.
Creating a chat
- Once on the chat screen, click the plus icon. This can be located at the top of the screen, next to the search bar.
- After clicking that a create chat screen will appear which will allow you to create a "New private chat"
- From there you just need to decide on what Chat you want to create. You can either create a one to one chat or a groupchat.
- To create a groupchat using the above method enter a title and add members by searching for them by name, then clicking on the correct user profile.
- Private one to one chat
- To create a private one to one chat using the above method then just search for a name and click on the right user profile. This will connect you!
- The alternate method to creating a one to one chat is to use the Directory. Click on Directory, then cycle across to the Directory tab. Search for who you want to connect with by name, open their profile, then click chat.
When connecting to another user (via either of the above methods) in a one to one chat you will connect with them and they will appear in your 'Contacts' tab.