The Feed works like any other but it is tailored to you. This article will explain each niche feature that creates that Tailored feel.
Who can use this feature?
- This feature is available to everyone.
- You may find some Teams (in the Audience section) locked. These Teams are restricted to Admins only.
- Choose the Audience of your Post
- Add your Content and Format it
- Choose your Category
- Edit your Post Settings
- Add Images, videos, or Files to your Post
Who are you sending this to?
Deciding on who you are sending this to is the first step. This is one of the most important parts as it will determine what kind of response you will get to your post.
- You will see an option at the top of the post box to Select your Audience.
- After clicking this you will be able to select either Teams or Specific people you want to share this to.
- Some Teams will have a lock on them. These have been locked by your admins.
Write your content and format it
Adding your content comes next. You are able to post whatever you feel, however, do respect your Companies Guidelines on what you can post.
- Start Typing in the post box.
- Once you have written your masterpiece it needs formatting. To format your post click on the Paintbrush and then edit your content. For information on the different types of formatting we support, click here.
Setting the Category your post falls under
This feature allows you to set the tone of your Post. It is helpful to others who are reading your post to understand what your post is about by just a glance.
- Your Category would be found at the bottom of the post box.
- Scroll through them, or expand them, as there may be a few options to choose from.
- Once you have found the one you are looking for click on it.
Categories are entirely customisable. Your companies admin can request these be changed anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Edit your Post Settings
Making changes to your Post Settings will allow you to, Schedule your posts to be released at a certain time, Feature your posts to increase the prevalence of them and allow them to reappear in people's feeds multiple times, turn off/on comments, and notify users that your feed has been sent via a push notification.
Schedule your post
- Click on the Post Settings Icon. Scheduling will be available at the bottom of the Post Settings screen, click that.
- Ensure the Toggle is flicked on.
- Choose your Date and Time.
- If you would like to Automatically Dismiss this post (remove this post from everyone's feed) then turn the Automatically dismiss post toggle to Blue.
- Set the Date and Time for the post to be dismissed.
Feature your post
Check your Role!
Only Content Moderators can Feature a post. If you are not a Content Moderator this feature will not be available to you.
- Click on the Post Settings Icon. Featuring will be available at the bottom of the Post Settings screen, click that.
- Ensure the toggle is flicked blue
- Decide on how long you would like the featured post to live.
Understanding Featured Posts
Featured posts, once sent, will appear once as normally. Then after scrolling down five posts from the very latest feed post it will reappear. After another five posts, it will appear again.
You can choose to send your post with Comments enabled, or disabled.
- This is located at the top of the Post Settings screen, to turn off comments make sure the Toggle is grey and to the left. To turn on comments make sure the Toggle is blue and to the right.
You can send a push notification to users with your post if you believe it needs more attention.
- Click on the Post settings cog. At the top will be a "Notify Audience" option.
- To send a notification make sure the toggle is Blue. To not send a notification make sure the toggle is grey.
You can attach files, videos, or images to your feed post
If you want to share what you ate for lunch, or the brand new company policy, you can share both through the feed.
How much can I attach to my feed post?
You can attach an unlimited amount of photos. You can attach 3 files.
- Click the paperclip icon to open your Documents to select any files or images that you would like to share. The feed will scale the images accordingly to ensure nothing is lost and that it appears favourably to all users.
- Videos can also be sent, and played, on the Feed! Upload any of the most common video file types and watch it process and then upload!
Extra information on videos
There is no limit to uploading any video to the feed you can upload any file size. However, do be aware that it may take some time to upload.
Each video on each client will play at 1080p this does mean it would be best to upload at 1080p as anything over that will be downscaled.