There is a way to Bulk Update up to 5000 of your Users with one click of a button. You can update their Teams, First Name, Last Name, Job Title, Employee ID, Department, Line Manager, Company Name, Location, and Contact Information. You cannot update their Role within Blink, e.g. you cannot update a user to be an Organisation Admin.
- Starting the Bulk Update
- Understanding the 'Setup'
- Getting the update Ready
- Uploading the completed file
Who can use this feature?
- Bulk Updates can only be done by an Organization Admin.
- If your Organisation is managed through SCIM then you will not be able to Bulk Update profiles, but you can update Team Access.
Starting the Bulk Update
To update your users start at the Users page within the Admin Portal.
- Click 'Bulk Update'
- Click 'New Update'
- Click 'Begin Update'
- Understanding the Setup page is imperative to the update. Please read below and follow the steps that align with your purpose of updating your users.
Understanding the 'Setup'
The 'Setup' page is incredibly important. This page defines which users will be on the provided exported file that you will use to update your users. and will also provide the Teams if you are looking to bulk add users to a Team.
- Including Team member profiles will add every user's profile within that Team to the export. This is important for updating profile fields.
- Excluding Team member profiles will not add any users from that Team but will still provide an option to add users to that Team. This is important for updating Team access.
- A combination of the two rules will allow you to update both profile fields and Team access
Applying this to your update
We recommend that you go into this with a clear understanding of the purpose of the update. Are you trying to update certain fields of a profile? Are you trying to add some users to a Team?
If your goal of this update is aligned with the first question - updating certain fields of a profile, read below.
Updating certain fields
- Decide on the best Team(s) to add to the import that contains all of the users that you are trying to update.
- Add the decided-on Team(s) in the Team search box. The Default Team, which includes everyone within your Organisation, will be listed in the Team search box. You are allowed to remove this from the list of Teams and if you are not updating everyone within your Organisation then you should remove the Default Team.
- Ensure that the toggle for including team member profiles is blue, meaning it is on. This is because you want to see all of the profiles so you can update them.
- Once all the Team(s) are added, and the toggles are set correctly, then you can click 'Next' and move on.
If your goal of this update is aligned with the second question - updating Team access, read below.
Updating Team Access
- Have a list of all the Team(s) you need and decide on the Team(s) that contains the users whose Team(s) access is getting updated.
- Firstly add, the Team(s) which contains the users who are getting updated. For this Team(s) ensure the toggle for including the Team member profiles is blue. This is because you want to see their profiles so you can add each user to the Teams(s) they need. However, The Default Team, which includes everyone within your Organisation, will be listed in the Team search box. You are allowed to remove this from the list of Teams and if you are not updating everyone within your Organisation then you should remove the Default Team.
- Add the Team(s) that you are adding to these users' profiles. Ensure that the toggle is grey. This is because you want to ensure that you aren't adding their profiles to the export as in this scenario it is not needed.
- Once the Team(s) have been added, and the toggles are set correctly, click 'Next' and move on.
Getting the Update Ready
Once you have completed the above you will be provided with the exported Template containing the Team(s) and users. Depending on the size of the file it may take some time. Click 'download'.
Editing the file
The file will download to your hard drive from where you can update it in your File Manager, or recently downloaded folder. Allow editing and start updating!
- If you are just updating Profiles then you can now start updating the fields to what you need.
- If you are updating Team Access then scroll across and you will see the Team(s) you added to the export. Put an 'x' in every row under the correct Team to add them to it.
- It is incredibly important to not edit anything in the first column, or edit any of the Teams in the top row. If this is done the import will not run.
Once you are happy with the file save the file under a recognizable name.
Uploading the completed file
- Add a name to the update. You cannot proceed without adding a name.
- Then upload your newly saved and updated file. Click browse and select it from your files.
- Once the file is added click 'Upload'. This will start the 'Upload'.
Depending on the size of the upload it may take a while. But once that is done you have finished the update.
Troubleshooting a failed update
- Head back to the Bulk Update page
- Click on the import that has failed
- From here you can see each error, line by line
- Open your update template and correct the errors
- Follow these steps, here, and then Re-upload your file and press Next
- We will update your users again and email you to let you know if it has worked - if it doesn't work you will need to repeat these steps