There are a few different ways to sign into Blink. This article will cover the different pathways to sign into Blink depending on the state of your account.
This article will cover:
- How a new user would sign in on mobile
- How an existing user would sign in on mobile
- How a new user would sign in on desktop
- How an existing user would sign in on desktop
How a new user would sign in on mobile
- Your organization may have sent you an invite to Join Them on Blink which will make signing up incredibly quick. The invite itself may go to either your mobile inbox or your email.
- Once you have received this invite to Blink you should open the invite and press the blue button.
- After clicking the link you would end up in your app store on our install page. Click install. If you have installed the app before you use the invite you will be taken straight into the app.
- You may need to enter some information about yourself once the app is opened but after that has been entered you will get full access to Blink!
If you find yourself without an invite to join your organization you should contact your manager and let them know, they should be able to invite you.
- These may have been handed out to you and is a one-page guide for 'Getting Started'. On this page will be a QR code
- In the very top right of your screen would be an icon to access the QR scanner on Blink (you won't need to use an external service to scan the QR Code)
- Tap this icon, hold up your piece of paper and scan the QR code on your pack! Once you have done this you would be taken through and asked to enter some information for your account.
- If your QR code doesn't scan, or you have any issues with it, you can enter the invite code manually to sign in. At the bottom of your screen will be a "Type code instead" option. Written on your pack will be the "Invite Code" which is the code you should enter.
Only use this option if you are sure you have an account ready for you to join.
- Press "Join my Colleagues" and choose either your mobile number or email. This will be the same one your invite was sent to, your work email, or the one your manager tells you to use.
- Enter your work email or mobile number.
- Then you will have to complete the authentication method your company has chosen for you.
- Once completed you may have to enter your job title and your department. This information is only used for your Blink profile and can be changed or updated at any time.
How an existing user would sign in on mobile
- This option will allow you to sign in to your existing account.
- Open your Blink app and press "I already have an account".
- You will then need to enter either your email or mobile number that is listed on your account and complete the method of authentication.
How a new user would sign in on desktop
- Upon clicking this you will be given three options, enter your email, enter your mobile, or enter your invite code.
- For the email option, you should enter your work email, if you have an account registered with that work email you will sign in to your account after entering an OTP.
- For the mobile option, if you have an account registered with that mobile number you will sign in to your account after entering an OTP.
- For entering the invite code you should get your "Getting Started" guide. On that page will be an invite code, this needs to be entered after clicking on this option.
How an existing user would sign in on desktop
- If you already have an account on Blink and want to sign in to your desktop you should press "I already have an account, sign in"
- After that, you will be given two options, enter either your mobile number or email.
- Once this has been entered you will need to perform your Organizations method of authentication.
This error means that you are failing to register on Blink, most likely because you are not using a work email.
If you haven't received an invite please check with your manager that your account has been set up. If not, please ask them to set up your account and invite you.
Head to this link if you are missing your OTP code, click here
Due to security policies, we cannot update either your email or mobile number. This can only be edited by an admin within your Organization. Please reach out to your manager or IT team for support with this.