Protecting content helps make sure that only the intended audience of Hub content can access it. When trying to access protected content on mobile, users will be required to confirm their identity using biometric authentication such as their fingerprint, a facial recognition scan or another secure form of mobile authentication.
Who can use this feature?
- Content can be turned on by anyone with access to edit content in Hub.
- Once protected, only users with supported mobile devices will be able to access this content.
Unlocking protected content
Protected content in Hub is marked with a fingerprint icon and a 'Protected' label. When you attempt to access protected content, there are three things that might happen:
- You successfully confirm your identity using whatever security methods you already have set up on your device. This might be fingerprint recognition, a facial scan, pattern, pin, or equivalent authentication.
- Authentication fails. You will be offered the option to try again.
- You will be asked to Secure your device.
Protecting your Hub content couldn't be simpler.
- Locate the content you want to protect in Hub admin and click on the ··· menu
- Click on 'Protect Content'